We adopted Teddy a few weeks before Halloween and we’ll never forget his little face as he was exploring our fully decked out haunted apartment!
When we brought him home, his foster Mom packed his felt taco because that was his favorite toy. Well, as time went on and Teddy got more and more comfortable, he grew out of his taco.
We wanted to throw it back and celebrate his one year anniversary by making him a cute felt ghost cat toy!
What You’ll Need:
White and Black Felt
Orange Embroidery Thread
1. Freehand a ghost on a piece of cardstock or print one online to use as a template and cut it out.
2. Trace on two pieces of white felt and cut.
3. Lay the two ghosts on top of one another and pin together to help keep things in place.
4. Start a blanket stitch using a double threaded knotted long piece of embroidery thread. Start from inside to hide the knot.
5. Stitch around the edge of the ghost, stitching from the backside to the front.
6. Stop about 2 inches from your starting point and fill with catnip and stuffing. Use a paintbrush to get the hard to reach areas.
7. Continue to sew until closed, knot and tie off.
8. Cut out 2 small eyes and a large mouth and glue to give your ghost a face!
Teddy’s in love…with a ghost!!
Halloween is Teddy’s favorite and ours too, honestly. Like fathers like son!